Best Practices to Show Your Authenticity With Lifestyle Content
We’re all for putting your best foot forward but have you noticed how people are putting their best manufactured selves out there? Followers certainly have. And they’ve had enough deceit on social media, giving rise to Instagram versus Reality posts that show edited and unedited images side-by-side.
Social media has moved beyond picture perfect to more relatable, authentic portrayals of life. Sharing your best AUTHENTIC self with the world is easier, faster, makes you more relatable to your loyal followers and fosters meaningful engagement.
If you’re wondering what you can do to support social media integrity as a respected creator, female entrepreneur and genuine human, you’ve come to the right place!
You know we’re always going to give it to you straight and support the growth of your business. Here are some tips for showing authenticity on social media:
- Follow the people, causes and businesses that bring you JOY!
- Be a creator who brings others joy through your authenticity.
- Reflect on the imperfections you see in yourself and know that you are beautiful. Most of your followers also have them.
- Don’t be afraid to share your life and your struggles.
Now, you may be wondering if you can use beautiful stock images and still be authentic?
Absolutely! You sure can.
- Choose stock photos that are truthful portrayals of your brand.
- Be intentional with the images you use. For example, if your brand focuses on living in the moment, working outside and exploring the great outdoors, choose styled stock of the outdoors and outdoor activities rather than an image of a cool office that doesn’t mirror your brand and your messaging.
- Always be true with your words. Image captions speak for you and your brand. Write them with care to speak honestly with your audience. Your voice will ring with authenticity in every photo.
- Be specific in outlining your goals, audience, and what makes you and your business unique and authentic.
Not sure how to write captions? Not to worry – Social Squares members have unlimited access to our exclusive monthly caption ideas with image pairings to help you get started engaging with your audience in authentic, meaningful ways.
To learn the latest digital marketing techniques, trends and tools, check out the Social Squares’ Digital Marketing Course for members.